We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as an Executive Assistant for our Transformation Director at the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF). You will be an integral part of our Transformation team helping ensure the Director is fully supported. Our Head office is based in Kingshill, Kent but this position can be based full time working from home.
You will join us on a full time, fixed term contract, for 12 months initially with the possibility of going permanent, working Monday to Friday, 35 hours a week. Working hours are 9am to 5pm with an hour for lunch but flexibility is available.
At CAF you will be joining a workforce who are passionate about accelerating society’s progress towards a fair and inclusive future for all. We are people focused, driven by innovation and together, we are building a great and safe great place to work.
In return for joining as our Executive Assistant you will receive:
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance (Cash plan)
- Life assurance 4x basic salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Summer party
- Annual volunteering day
- Give as your earn scheme
- Annual flu vaccine
- Onsite Parking
- Surface, monitor and phone system for working from home.
As our Executive Assistant your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and help produce management information from the division and its two teams and work closely with the Director and the team heads to produce monthly/quarterly reports for Executive meetings, Trustees meetings and other key internal meetings.
- Proactive diary management for the Director (and diary management for the two heads as required); scheduling meetings, organising travel arrangements, respond to enquiries as appropriate, requesting additional information where necessary and bringing important issues to the Director’s attention.
- Support the Director with preparation for and follow up from the meetings and their associated issues including information gathering and review, agenda creation, minute taking, drafting emails, facilitating follow up actions with staff and key partners. Also, to manage other board meetings which involve the division and team meetings such as meeting set up, review and paper circulation and minute taking.
- Manage the Director and heads expenses and company credit Card. Monitor and process invoices for the division. Manage the filing for the Director and provide support with human resource administration including appraisals, recruitment and training.
- Plan and organise own programme of work without supervision, ensuring a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Develop and maintain awareness of current developments within CAF. Build productive relationships with other parts of CAF.
- Support the division across the following activities; review and undertake market competitor research, articulate and manage customer problems and complaints, participate and support in the budgetary process, preparation of any reports.
Skills required of our Executive Assistant:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven experience of understanding and engaging in complex issues and problem solving
- Considered and analytical approach to work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to balance administrative tasks with project management responsibilities
- Proven ability to understand and unpick financial and management information
- Excellent computer skills including use of Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Positive, proactive, can – do attitude
- Demonstrable high level of professionalism and integrity
Interested in joining us as our Executive Assistant and being part of an organisation who are people focused and are “Together Building Opportunity”. If yes, apply today, we would love to hear from you.
Please use the apply button/send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number AM656.
If this method of applying is not possible, please contact a member of the HR team on 03000 123 566 to discuss how we can support you to apply.
Please note we endeavour to reply to everyone, but it is not always possible. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application, please assume in this instance we have not been able to progress