An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Head of Finance/ Financial Controller to join Charities Aid Foundation (CAF), a leading charity body and financial institution who are experiencing continued growth and development. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team carrying out financial planning and forecasting, financial accounting, treasury, regulatory reporting and statutory reporting.
- Managing all finance and accounting operations.
- Co-ordinating and supporting the preparation of annual budgets, quarterly financial forecasts and management accounts.
- Working closely with Business area heads to build a strong relationship based on the provision of accurate and timely financial information, active and timely support and a strong understanding of business drivers.
- Preparing monthly financial reports on a timely basis for submission to the Executive Committee, including commentary and analysis of variances.
- Monitor and manage cash flow by monitoring daily and monthly reports and forecasts.
- Supporting the Finance & Operations Director with the preparation of financial reports to be provided to the Board of Trustees, the Audit Risk & Compliance Committee and the Investment Advisory Committee.
- Oversee the treasury function for the charity so as to optimise the balance of return, liquidity and security and produce timely and accurate management information and reports for submission to the Executive, Investment Advisory Committee and when appropriate, Trustee meetings.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified accountant ACA or ACCA
- A strong track record in financial management post qualification.
- Broad-based experience of financial management including operations, planning, financial accounting, treasury and taxation.
- Have substantial experience of leading and managing a diverse finance team.
- Have a strong blend of technical and managerial skills and a track record of continuous improvement in the delivery of financial reporting, operations and control.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership and effective stakeholder management.
- Be able to demonstrate sound organisation, planning and management, including project management and the ability to co-ordinate, motivate and collaborate with internal/external stakeholders
We’re a charity, a bank and champion for better giving, and for over 90 years we’ve been helping donors, companies and charities make a bigger impact. We exist to make giving go further, so together we can transform more lives and communities around the world. We are CAF and we make giving count.
CAF is a Disability Confident Employer. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. Please advise us if you consider yourself to have a disability.