Senior Charity Verification Officer (MC796)
Download Job Description [PDF]
Job title: Senior Charity Verification Officer
Job Reference: MC796
Contract: Fixed Term Contract (Up to 12months), Full Time 35 hours per week
Location: Kings Hill with Hybrid working
Salary: £27,183 per annum
We have an opportunity for you to join our team as our Senior Charity Verification Officer for the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) You will be an integral part of our Charity Verification team who are responsible for reviewing and approving distribution of donations to charities across the globe.
Our office is based in Kings Hill, Kent where you will be initially based full time for training and you will be based part of your time in the office and part of your time working from home, once training has been successfully completed.
You will join us on a full time, Fixed Term basis working Monday to Friday, 35 hours a week. Working hours of the team range from 8am to 6pm on a rota basis, with an hour for lunch but flexibility is available.
At CAF you will be joining an international workforce who are passionate about accelerating society’s progress towards a fair and inclusive future for all. We are people centred, driven by innovation and together we are building a leading great and safe place to work.
In return for joining as our Senior Charity Verification Officer you will receive:
- Salary £27,183
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent – on-going training programme
- Excellent pension scheme
- Private Health care cover
- Life assurance
- On-going learning and development
- Annual flu vaccination
- Employee Assistance programme to support your health and wellbeing
- CAF volunteering day
- Sodexo Discount Platform
As our Senior Charity Verification Officer your key responsibilities will include:
- You will be part of a dedicated and integral team within CAF who verify our UK and Overseas Charities and Beneficiaries
- You will be managing a portfolio of varied and interesting cases from start to finish, ensuing that donations are released to wholly Charitable purposes and will make a positive impact
- Communicating with Charities and Beneficiaries to complete necessary due-diligence checks in order to complete Verification. Working with them to obtain appropriate evidence and documentation via email and phone
- Working with our Anti Money Laundering (AML) team to ensure relevant cases are compliant before funds are released to Charities and Beneficiaries
- Updating internal stakeholders on the status of ongoing cases and giving clear, detailed rationale on your decisions to approve or decline a donation
- Providing advice and guidance to internal stakeholders concerning the charitable status of organisations and reviewing proposals from client donors regarding entering into charitable projects
- Oversight of daily and monthly reports relating to audit and compliance reporting
We are looking for a confident and forward-thinking individual that has the following skills:
- Experience investigating information
- Case management
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills and stakeholder management
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams
- Proven experience managing customer relationships
- Managing multiple priorities
- Anti-money laundering regulations experience (beneficial)
CAF is a Disability Confident Employer. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. Please advise us if you consider yourself to have a disability.
Interested in joining us as our Senior Charity Verification Officer and being part of an organisation who are people focused and are “Together Building Opportunity”. If yes, apply today, we would love to hear from you.
Please use the apply button if you are applying via our website Click to Apply Here or send your CV and Covering Letter to Recruitment@cafonline.org quoting reference number MC796
If this method of applying is not accessible, please contact a member of the HR team on 03000 123 566 to discuss how we can support you to apply.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role.
Job Reference: MC796