Interim Communications Manager (CJ797)
Download Job Description [PDF]
Job title: Interim Communications Manager
Job Reference: CJ797
Contract: 6 month Fixed Term Contract, Full Time 35 hours per week
Location: London based with Hybrid working
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as our Interim Communications Manager for Charities Aid Foundation (CAF). You will be an integral part of our award winning team.
At CAF you will be joining an international workforce who are passionate about accelerating society’s progress towards a fair and inclusive future for all. We are people centred, driven by innovation and together we are building a leading great and safe place to work.
In return for joining as our Interim Communications Manager you will receive:
- Salary Up to £35,000 per annum
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent – on-going training programme
- Excellent pension scheme
- Private Health care cover
- Life assurance
- On-going learning and development
- Annual flu vaccination
- Employee Assistance programme to support your health and wellbeing
- CAF volunteering day
- Sodexo Discount Platform
As our Interim Communications Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading on developing and delivering external communications plans for key projects, such as research report launches and new products for our charity clients or donors.
- Responding to media queries and identifying opportunities to create news about CAF’s contribution to wider society.
- Using your existing network, liaising with media & press to secure regular coverage in mainstream media and trade press.
- Line editing materials ahead of publication, including reports, blogs, presentations and client communications.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders within the External Affairs team and across CAF.
- Supporting the wider team to produce regular analysis of press and social media to identify areas for improvement
Skills required of our Interim Communications Manager:
- Minimum three years’ experience in external communications to hit the ground running in proactively telling the stories of CAF’s work.
- Media relations expertise, a good sense of judgement, strong writing and communications skills.
- Organised and creative thinking with a passion for helping the charities that CAF exists to support.
CAF is a Disability Confident Employer. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. Please advise us if you consider yourself to have a disability.
Interested in joining us as our Interim Communications Manager and being part of an organisation who are people focused and are “Together Building Opportunity”. If yes, apply today, we would love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications is 21 August 2022
Please use the apply button if you are applying via our website Click to Apply Here or send your CV and Covering Letter to Recruitment@cafonline.org quoting reference number CJ797
If this method of applying is not accessible, please contact a member of the HR team on 03000 123 566 to discuss how we can support you to apply.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role.
Job Reference: CJ797