Job title: Risk, Compliance and Financial Crime Training Manager
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Based in: Hybrid working, Kings Hill base
Department: CAF Risk, Compliance & Financial Crime
Hours: 35 hours per week
We have an opportunity for you to join our team as our Risk, Compliance & Financial Crime Training Manager. You will be an integral part of our award winning team, working in the CAF Risk, Compliance & Financial Crime team. This role is in the second line of defence and will support all CAF entities and employees through the continued development and enhancement of CAF regulatory training, working with business areas to ensure employees are supported with their regulatory training needs. The role scope includes all CAF entities and related employees, including CAF, CAF Bank, CAF Financial Solutions, CAF America and CAF Canada.
The role holder will have notable experience with regulatory training frameworks, including course design, face-to-face and virtual delivery of role specific training and engagement with training solution providers. Topics of specialism may include, as an example, Conduct, Treating Customers Fairly, Competition Law, Conflicts of Interest, Anti Money Laundering, Anti Bribery, Data Protection.
International Head office is based in Kings Hill, Kent where you will be working in a hybrid working model, based part of your time in the office and part of your time working from home.
You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working Monday to Friday, 35 hours a week. Working hours are 9am to 5pm with an hour for lunch but flexibility is available.
At CAF you will be joining a workforce who are passionate about accelerating society’s progress towards a fair and inclusive future for all. We are people focused, driven by innovation and together, we are building a great and safe great place to work
In return for joining as our Risk, Compliance & Financial Crime Training Manager you will receive:
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent – on-going training programme
- Excellent pension scheme
- Private Health care cover
- Life assurance
- On-going learning and development
- Annual flu vaccination
- Employee Assistance programme to support your health and wellbeing
- CAF volunteering day
As our Risk, Compliance & Financial Crime Training Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Support implementation of relevant strategic projects and activities such as enhancing the Risk Management and Policy Frameworks, ensuring training needs are identified, communicated and delivered.
- Create, develop, maintain and present (face to face or virtual) CAF Risk, Compliance and Financial Crime training programmes and materials, liaising with content owners to ensure materials are up to date and fit for purpose;
- Engagement with CAF Learning & Development Team to support learning needs analysis activities to ensure regulatory requirements are considered;
- Provide support for second line assessment and monitoring of risk events and controls relating to training, including identifying and delivering appropriate solutions to mitigate risk;
- Provide an advisory role for the business as the SME on regulatory training
Skills required of our: Risk, Compliance & Financial Crime Training Manager
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulations relating to regulatory compliance and Financial Crime training.
- Strong knowledge of key regulatory issues and control assessment processes.
- Ability to build effective working relationships and influence senior stakeholders.
- Proactive approach to work and ability to work independently.
- Role model for establishing strong control culture across the Group.
Interested in joining us as our Risk, Compliance & Financial Crime Training Manager and being part of an organisation who are people focused and are “Together Building Opportunity”. If yes, apply today, we would love to hear from you.
Please use the apply button/send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference number JM732.
If this method of applying is not possible, please contact a member of the HR team on 03000 123 566 to discuss how we can support you to apply.
Please note we endeavour to reply to everyone, but it is not always possible. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application, please assume in this instance we have not been able to progress