Job title: Executive Assistant – Part Time
Hours: Part-time (21hrs per week)
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 7 hours a day (between the hours of 8am – 6pm)
Based in: Office and remote
Salary: Up to £35,000 pro-rata
We have a rare opportunity for you to join us as a Part-time Executive Assistant at the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF). You will be an integral part of our Finance and Legal team helping ensure our Group Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary and General Counsel are fully supported. Our Head office is based in Kings Hill, Kent and this position will be based part of your time in the office and part of your time working from home.
You will join us on a part-time permanent basis as part of a job share, working Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 7 hours a day, 21 hours a week. There may be the opportunity to increase working hours in the future. Office hours are 8am to 6pm, you can work within these times (e.g. 9am to 5pm) and you have an hour for lunch, flexibility is available.
At CAF you will be joining a workforce who are passionate about accelerating society’s progress towards a fair and inclusive future for all. We are people focused, driven by innovation and together, we are building a great and safe place to work.
In return for joining as our Executive Assistant you will receive:
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Generous pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance (Cash plan)
- Life assurance 4x basic salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Summer party
- Annual volunteering day
- Give as your earn scheme
- Annual flu vaccine
- Onsite Parking
- Surface, monitor and phone system for working from home.
As our Executive Assistant your key responsibilities will include:
- Proactive diary management for the business area and central governance calendar; scheduling meetings, organising travel arrangements, responding to enquiries as appropriate, requesting additional information where necessary and bringing important issues to the Group Chief Financial Officer’s and or Company Secretary’s attention.
- Supporting with preparation for (including substantial board packs) and following up from meetings and their associated issues including information gathering and review, agenda creation, minute taking, drafting emails, facilitating follow up actions with staff and key partners.
- Managing board meetings which involve the external Trustees,, internal board committees and team meetings such as meeting set up, review and paper circulation and minute taking.
- Managing the Group Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary expenses and company credit Cards. Monitoring and processing invoices for the division.
- Managing the filing for the Group Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary and providing support with human resource administration including appraisals, recruitment and training.
- Ensuring the Group Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary is prepared for all meetings, kept to time and made aware of anything urgent.
- Planning and organising own programme of work without supervision, ensuring a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Developing and maintaining awareness of current developments within CAF. Building productive relationships with other parts of CAF.
Skills required of our Executive Assistant:
- Previous experience in a similar position including minute taking and preparation of board packs
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven experience of understanding and engaging in complex issues and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to balance administrative tasks with project management responsibilities
- Excellent computer skills including use of Outlook, Word, Excel ,PowerPoint and Convene
- Positive, proactive, can do attitude
- Demonstrable high level of professionalism and integrity
Interested in joining us as our Executive Assistant and being part of an organisation who are people focused and are “Together Building Opportunity”. If yes, apply today, we would love to hear from you.
Please use the apply button/send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference LR696
If this method of applying is not possible, please contact a member of the HR team on 03000 123 566 to discuss how we can support you to apply.
Please note we endeavour to reply to everyone, but it is not always possible. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application, please assume in this instance we have not been able to progress