We have an opportunity for you to join our team as our 3rd Line Infrastructure Technical Specialist for the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF). You will be an integral part of the team of our IT team, who assist in the support of our current infrastructure and in the delivery of our Digital initiatives and upgrades. Our International Head office is based in Kingshill, Kent. You will be based working from home with occasional visits to the office.
You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working Monday to Friday, 35 hours a week. Working hours are 9am to 5pm with an hour for lunch but flexibility is available.
At CAF you will be joining a workforce who are passionate about accelerating society’s progress towards a fair and inclusive future for all. We are people focused, driven by innovation and together, we are building a great and safe great place to work
In return for joining as our 3rd Line Infrastructure Technical Specialist you will receive:
- Salary £45000
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent – on-going training programme
- Excellent pension scheme
- Private Health care cover
- Life assurance
- On-going learning and development
- Annual flu vaccination
- Employee Assistance programme to support your health and wellbeing
- CAF volunteering day
As our 3rd Line Infrastructure Technical Specialist your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage incident and request fulfilment tickets within SLA’s
- To work in accordance with the ITIL framework and CAF’s governance standards ensuring that areas such as change control, incident and problem management, asset management, continual service improvement, and security best practice are considered and followed at all times.
- Be prepared to provide flexible support for scheduled changes, upgrades or troubleshooting after hours or at weekends if required.
- Monitoring key health signs of infrastructure and responding to actual or predicted issues.
- Continually look for areas for improvements in technologies and processes, and to proactively take steps to bring about positive change.
- Supporting projects
- Participating in investigations & remediation of any reported Security vulnerabilities or Security breaches.
- Participating in Disaster Recovery initiatives including regular testing and ensure skills and knowledge across systems are maintained in order to assist with DR invocation.
- Participating in 24x7 on call and out of hours support rota.
- Implementation of infrastructure design and build best practices.
- Technical design reviews
- Helping to drive technical enhancements
- Implementation of architectural and technical best practices
- Creation of documentation to reflect existing systems, infrastructure & processes including the creation of Technical Design Documents. Also to ensure that such documentation is maintained and kept up to date.
- Building excellent working relationships with key stakeholders across the department and wider business, and to communicate effectively with audiences of all technical ability & understanding.
Skills required of our 3rd Line Infrastructure Technical Specialist:
- Experienced 3rd line Infrastructure Technical Specialist (not Service desk)
- Solid understanding and ability to apply best practice network and infrastructure standards
- Experience with traditional Infrastructure BAU support in an ITIL environment, and some experience with Azure IAAS, PAAS and Infrastructure as code.
- Microsoft Windows technologies (Including installation, Active Directory, WDS, DNS, DHCP, DFSR, Group Policy)
- Virtualisation (VMWARE and Vsphere)
- Thin client technologies (RDS/Citrix)
- System Monitoring (e.g. SCOM, Nagios)
- IT and Cyber Security measures (e.g. firewalls, antivirus, security patching, IDP/IDS)
- Load balancing technologies (e.g. F5, Barracuda, NLB)
- High level of skills in TCP/IP Networking (including VLANs, VPN, routing, DNS)
- SAN Technologies (Storage configuration & provision, Fibre Channel connectivity & zoning)
- Experience of working alongside project teams in helping deliver infrastructure and software development projects, and their transition into support of delivering CSI initiatives.
- Be a self starter and strong team player, with excellent attention to detail
Interested in joining us as our 3rd Line Infrastructure Technical Specialist and being part of an organisation who are people focused and are “Together Building Opportunity”. If yes, apply today, we would love to hear from you.
Please use the apply button/send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number SM723
If this method of applying is not possible, please contact a member of the HR team on 03000 123 566 to discuss how we can support you to apply.
Please note we endeavour to reply to everyone, but it is not always possible. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application, please assume in this instance we have not been able to progress