Job title: Senior Financial Crime Officer
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Based in: Hybrid working, Kingshill base
Hours: 35 hour per week
Salary: Up to £42,000 per annum, depending on experience
We have an opportunity for you to join our team as our Senior Financial Crime Officer for the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF). You will be an integral part of the team of our award winning team, who oversee our Financial Crime Policies and Standards. Our International Head office is based in Kingshill, Kent and you will be based part of your time in the office and part of your time working from home.
You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working Monday to Friday, 35 hours a week. Working hours are 9am to 5pm with an hour for lunch but flexibility is available.
At CAF you will be joining a workforce who are passionate about accelerating society’s progress towards a fair and inclusive future for all. We are people focused, driven by innovation and together, we are building a great and safe great place to work.
In return for joining as our Senior Financial Crime Officer you will receive:
- Salary Up to £42,000
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent – on-going training programme
- Excellent pension scheme
- Private Health care cover (cash plan)
- Life assurance
- On-going learning and development
- Annual flu vaccination
- Employee Assistance programme to support your health and wellbeing
- CAF volunteering day
As our Senior Financial Crime Officer you will act as a ‘designated deputy’ for the MLRO. Responsibilities and discretionary authorities conveyed by this position include:
- Oversight and advisory activity for the first line-of defence.
- Review and authorisation of referrals to the MLRO for e.g. high risk customers and payments.
- Delegated authority from the MLRO for suspicious activity (SAR) reporting to the national crime agency
- Support for execution of court orders or other legal orders
- Undertake financial crime monitoring
- Provision of training, AML communications and initiatives in support of adequate financial crime procedures
- Identify areas of non-compliance with regulation, internal policy and procedures
- Support in the management and ongoing enhancement of CAF Financial Crime related Policies
- Advise the business on all areas of day-to-day financial crime related policy and procedures;
- Provide oversight of CAF product governance arrangements for financial crime risk
Skills required of our Senior Financial Crime Officer:
- Experience in advising on financial crime matters in an organisation with a diverse range of business activities.
- Significant experience of managing a diverse workload in relation to financial crime activities and have a strong ability to engage with internal and external business partners.
- Significant compliance experience gained in a financial institution or other similar environment working in Financial Crime (e.g. financial institution, law enforcement,
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulations relating to Financial Crime Compliance.
- Highly numerate, with the ability to assimilate information quickly and accurately to inform decisions around key functions.
- Maintain up to date professional knowledge and expertise through monitoring of anti- money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions and charity related legislation.
Interested in joining us as our Senior Financial Crime Officer and being part of an organisation who are people focused and are “Together Building Opportunity”. If yes, apply today, we would love to hear from you.
Please use the apply button/send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number KH725
If this method of applying is not possible, please contact a member of the HR team on 03000 123 566 to discuss how we can support you to apply.
Please note we endeavour to reply to everyone, but it is not always possible. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application, please assume in this instance we have not been able to progress